More proof that the Obama administration cares about the military. Another reason why he’s getting my vote as a military spouse.
Words from Retired Navy Admiral John B. Nathman during the 2012 Democratic National Convention. Nathman served in the Navy for 37 years, was a fighter pilot, commander of Naval Air Forces, and vice chief of the Navy.
What has the Obama Administration done, according to Retired Admiral Nathman:
- increased investment in the VA
- expanded care to more than a half million returning troops
- increased outreach by the president, first lady, and Dr. Jill Biden through the Joining Forces Initiative
- challenged businesses to hire more than 100,000 veterans and military spouses - businesses met (and even exceeded by 25%) that goal ahead of time and has committed to over a quarter million more new veteran jobs
- supported tax credits for hiring veterans and wounded warriors
- improved education benefits - the best of its kind since the original GI Bill